WHO WE ARE
Asociación Maya Chajulense.(AMACHAJUL)
AMACHAJUL is a Maya Ixil Guatemalan non-profit located in Chajul, Guatemala. The Ixil region is a post conflict community that suffered ethic cleansing during the 36 years of armed internal conflict. The schools were closed for 36 years, Today there is deep poverty and little opportunity for women and girls to break out of the cycle.
The leadership team of AMACHAJUL has worked for 10 years to identify and support local Maya Ixil Leaders-of- Potential to create change that they design and realize. Current programs focus on entrepreneurship skills and leadership to create products that support the empowerment of women and girls.
* AMACHAJUL Community Education Center hosts vocational skills training programs, leadership development, bilingual intergenerational preschool, community education workshops.
* Maya Girl Enterprise: Gold Standard Days for Girls International Certification for the production of feminine hygiene products and health education for women and men in both Spanish and Maya Ixil.
* Scholarships for boys and girls with no resources to pay for an education.
* Agriculture that meets the challenges of climate change and hunger.
* Tourism promotion to share our Ixil culture and stimulate economic development.
* Collaborations with other non-profits, agencies and private business to stimulate economic development.
* Preserve and live the Maya Ixil identity of culture and language.
Meet The Leadership Team
Juan Camilo Ramírez
Professional Seamstress Certification
Maya Girl Enterprise
Manuel Laynez Anay
Director Youth Leadership programs
Juana Angelica Laynez
Colegio AMACHAJUL Director
Maya Girl Enterprise Manager
Mateo Canay Asicona
Director Entrepreneur Financial Education
Working together for a brighter future in Chajul Guatemala
AMACHAJUL works with: Maya Ixil parents and students, Maya Ixil community leaders, Maya spiritual guides and churches, The Academia de Lenguas Maya with Manuel Laynez the elected Vice President of the Maya Ixil Language group ,professionals, foundations, authors, mentors, advisors and the Maya Ixil people to bring a brighter future to Chajul Guatemala.
Bright Star Philanthropy Partners (BSPP) is a shared value community development initiative of Bright Star Grant Consultants. BSPP identifies and supports Central American indigenous leaders to realize solutions that they design and execute with BSPP collaborations, technical assistance, and grants. BSPP ignites peer grant maker, non-profit, and corporate actors to create shared value solutions in collective impact poverty alleviation.